2022 United Electric Scholarship Winners
- United Electric – Logan K. Heward, Declo High
- Ralph Williams – Rylie Nalder, Minico High
- Larry Burbank – Malia Manning, Minico High
- John Jones – Joel Rojas, Burley High
- Grant M Saxton – Kate Monroe, Burley High
- United Electric – Jaycee Matthews, Minico High
Each year United Electric sponsors 5 scholarships. This year, United’s Board of Directors added another one for a total of 6.
- The new one is in honor of our latest manager, Ralph Williams, manager of Unity Light & Power from 1995, then on to United Electric at the time of consolidation in 1997 until 2011.
- 3 others are in memory of former managers of Rural Electric and Unity Light & Power
- John Jones, manager of Unity from 1964 to 1991
- Larry Burbank, manager of Rural Electric from 1985 to 1997
- Grant Saxton, manager of Unity from 1991 to 1995
- United Electric sponsors the fifth scholarship
- The sixth, is a Non-Traditional student scholarship
If you are a graduating senior with plans to attend college and your parents or guardians receive power from United Electric, you are eligible to apply for a scholarship.
If you are or are not a current member of United Electric and fit the definition of a Non-Traditional student, you are eligible to apply for the Non-Traditional Scholarship. What defines an adult or non-traditional student?
An adult or non-traditional student is a student with life circumstances different from the typical traditional student. These circumstances include, but are not limited to students who are:
- Married, divorced, or single
- Caring for elderly parents
- Returning to college after a period of time in the workforce
- Entering college for the first time, not right after high school graduation
- Full-time, part-time, or seasonal employees
- Distance learners
How to Apply
Each scholarship is worth $500. Pick up your applications at your school counselor’s office or at United Electric Co-op Inc., 1330 21st Street, Heyburn. You can also submit the application online. You can also download a PDF version of the Scholarship Application (PDF) and the Non-Traditional Scholarship (PDF) application.
Completed applications should be returned to:
1330 21st Street
Heyburn, Idaho 83336
The deadline to submit Scholarship applications is April 14, 2022, by 5 p.m. and the deadline to submit Non-Traditional Scholarship applications June 10, 2022, by 11:30 a.m.