What is the Intern Program?
This program allows high school juniors and seniors to increase their knowledge and understanding of employment opportunities at cooperative electric utilities, including the lineman trade, with a paid summer internship in United Electric’s Engineering and Operations department.
- The intern program is a paid summer internship, generally from May through August
- A student who has served an internship may apply for a second internship although it is not guaranteed
- Interns who apply for education/training opportunities relating to the electric utility industry may be eligible for a scholarship based on work performance
- Interviews will be conducted upon application screening completion
- Available to high school students who have completed their junior or senior year
- Submit employment application, cover letter, and transcripts by the due date
- Pass a pre-employment physical and agility test
How to Apply
Employment application, cover letter, and transcripts are to be submitted by emailing Trisha Moultrie or drop off or mail to:
United Electric Co-op Inc.
1330 21st Street
Heyburn, ID 83336
Visit our Employment Opportunities page for the job application.
Deadline & More Info
Check back for 2023 deadlines.
Colby and Dakota are previous interns who can answer all of your questions.